Search engines have been designed to facilitate the finding of things that, a person is looking for online. The process, through which the visibility of your website increases, on any unpaid or organic search engine, is known as Search Engine Optimization.
Steps Involved In Search Engine Optimization
A website cannot achieve the best possible visibility on any search engine without external help or input. The steps mentioned below will help you make a search engine friendly website so that you can compete with the best in industry.
- Rational Keywords – often enough we overlook the rationality of keywords. Inserting them left, right and centre without any purpose will not get you anywhere. Google, in its bid to bring forth genuine websites has made mandatory changes to its algorithms. As such, this most popular search engine now looks for the thought behind using the keyword and its relevance to the rest of the content. In other words the conversation between the keyword and the search engine algorithm needs to be more conducive and productive. This is possible only by using coherent keywords in appropriate places in the content.
- Have Primary and Secondary Keywords – having one or two keywords is not sufficient anymore. You need to have multiple keywords, in fact, having a set of primary and secondary keywords will be to your maximum advantage. This way you will reflect in all searches for both set of keywords and at the same time, limit competition to a large extent.
- Tag Keywords – having used keywords in the main body of content will not suffice. You need to further tag all these keywords at the back end of your product or service website. While tagging, try using as many possible combinations and variations of the keyword as possible. At this point your thinking and creativity will be tested.
- Hyperlink Keywords – publishing “click here” does not fascinate people anymore. Instead they want the keyword to be hyperlinked. Words that are hyperlinked make for a more sought after website. The word “click here” is very distracting which, hyperlinked words are not. In all honesty, hyper linking draws more attention and emphasis to a word.
- Cross Blogging – share a common platform with others of your kind. You can achieve this by blogging about your commodity and service and inviting other bloggers to comment about the same. Furthermore, you can invite other mutual and trusted bloggers to link their websites to your blog. Similarly, you can also write about your commodity on somebody else’s blog as a guest blogger and link your website to theirs.
What Is Search Engine Optimization / SEO
These few steps will help to make your website easy to search on an organic search engine. Following these guidelines your visibility will increase and you shall be able to effectively market your product. In case you are looking for professional help in website design in Melbourne, Australia, we shall be glad to come to your assistance and offer the best possible service.